Saturday, August 13, 2011

framed initial art



I can't believe it!  I actually did a project start to finish today.  It's a minor one compared to the other projects that are only half complete.  [every time I start a new one I get an ugly look from my husband] So here it is.  




I wish I had taken a before picture of the frame. It was really dark and already had this board attached to the back of it.  I painted it all this off white color and sanded the edges to give it the antique look. Then I modge podged the scrapbook paper to the 'h'. I used a tutorial from craftoholics anonymous found here to make the rosettes.  They were sooooo easy. Then I hot glued them to the frame, and VIOLA!

I had the paint, the frame, [thrift store find $1.48], already had the scrapbook piece of paper, modge podge $6 and I already owned the "H". Lovely initial frame for $7.50!  



I'm not sure I didn't hang it too high...I'll have to look it over for a few days. We just got new SS appliances and a new backsplash, will post pics soon!

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to post the craziest part. I had this 1" wide role of fabric that was beige. I dyed it the colors you see with food coloring. [note to self, wear gloves next time, my hands are a weird green/red color] ha. I then rinsed it out and dried it it the dryer and made the rosettes. Really happy with how they turned out, usually nothing is as easy as it looks, but these were.

    ReplyDelete